Monday, March 11, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to House on Halifax! My brand new blog about my family and my life here on Halifax.  I am a wife to my high school sweetheart and mom to three wonderful children.  I've recently gone back to work after 7 blissful years at home raising my children and I'm still trying to get the hang of getting everything done while being gone most of the day.  Sometimes my family has to rummage through the dryer for clean clothes to wear but they're so cute they can get away with the slightly rumpled look.

Since this is an introductory post, I'll tell you a little about myself:  I've always thought of myself as a "Jill of all trades".  Meaning I can do lots of things pretty well but I'm really not spectacular at anything in particular.  And that's ok.  It makes me, me.  And it means there is always room for improvement.

I enjoy decorating and gardening.  I love to bake which has been a challenge since my middle child was diagnosed with Celiac disease last year.  (I plan on having some gluten-free posts.)  I tote my children all over the state (and occasionally neighboring ones as well) to attend all of their sporting events.  I also love to read (book reviews coming your way!) so I'll be the mom in the stands with a book in her hands until the game actually starts.  My youngest child started first grade this year and I went to work at an elementary school near my home to work with special education children.  So far it has been very rewarding and occasionally frustrating.  The best part of my new job is that I am on the same schedule as my kids so if they are home then I am home and that is very important to me.

This blog is an outlet for me to talk about all the things I have running around in my head on any given day as well as an opportunity to capture all those golden moments of having a young family that are so fleeting.

                                    


One of those golden moments I'm trying to capture.


Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa



6 comments:

  1. Yay, so happy you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've long thought you got a lot of good blog material!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks everybody! I've thought it would be fun for a long time but just never got around to it. I used the snow day yesterday to finally just start one already!

      Delete
  3. You go girl! :). Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete